Yes Edinburgh West AGM minutes
Newliston Arms 7.30pm Mon 2 October 2017
1. Ian Grant opened the meeting by welcoming everybody, and apologised that Joanna Cherry couldn’t be our speaker tonight – she’s in Catalonia observing their fight for Independence.
2.No Livestream is available for people who couldn’t make the meeting.
3. Apologies: Jim Carey, Rene Hamilton, Paul Haldane, Derek Mullins
4. There were 14 attendees. Email addresses given will be added to the mailing list unless anyone objects.
5. Gerry Mulvenna gave the Treasurer’s report. Finances are healthy, with a balance of nearly £700.
6. Bob Glen gave the Secretary’s report: Continue reading “YES Edinburgh West AGM minutes Mon 2 Oct 2017”
- Given the nature of this event (and the fact that several groups were in action simultaneously), this is more of one person’s view of it rather than a minute.
- A Livestream broadcast wasn’t appropriate (or possible).
- There were 18 attendees. Email addresses given will be added to the mailing list unless anyone objects.
1. Anne Donohoe opened the meeting by welcoming everybody, and introduced our speakers, Jan Goulding from English Scots for Yes, and Selma Rahman from Women for Independence.
2. A Livestream broadcast is available for people who couldn’t make the meeting.
3. There were 23 attendees. Email addresses given will be added to the mailing list unless anyone objects. Continue reading “Yes Edinburgh West meeting minutes Newliston Arms 7.30pm Mon 7 Aug 2017”
- Ian Grant opened the meeting by welcoming everybody, and introduced our speaker, Jason Baird from National Yes Registry.
- Apologies to people who couldn’t make the meeting, a Livestream broadcast wasn’t appropriate for this event.
- There were 14 attendees. Email addresses given will be added to the mailing list unless anyone objects.
- Jason give a demonstration of version 1.1 of the IndyApp (from the Apple Appstore or Google Play if you have an iOS or Android smartphone, or the NYR website https://nationalyesregistry.scot/), together with help videos (which are available within the app – click on the ? symbol – or on the website Demo films). He explained that the design ideas mainly came from running the Largs Yes shop in IndyRef1.
A plan for the way forward
Nicola Sturgeon has set out how together we will seek to support, engage and grow the movement.
Send us your ideas.
Jason Baird will bring us up to date on the National Yes Registry and answer your questions. He will describe how the grass-roots are coming together across Scotland in preparation for Independence campaigning. In particular, he will describe the networking platform tool ‘the IndyApp’ – the NYR’s concrete response to the many practical problems commonly encountered at grass-root level by Yessers during the heat of IndyRef1. The current version allows communication between individual members of a group, communication as a group and finally, communication between all groups at a national level, and is ready for all groups to start using now. He will also discuss how to use the platform to initiate and organise campaigns. All welcome! Function room of the Doocot, 731 Ferry Rd, Edinburgh EH4 2UA