Pro-Independence community march & rally through the YES heartland of Craigmillar & Niddrie!
Their will be face painting for kids, and the gathering for the march will be outside the Craigmillar Library and the march will be led by Piper Ryan Randall the Pyro Pied Piper of Craigmillar.
The rally will be held at the Jewel Miners’ Club with live music and fun guaranteed. Not to be missed!
24th September at 13:00–18:00
101 Niddrie Mains Road
Festival programme 2016 at Yes Cafe Edinburgh South, Fringe venue 325
The Yes Cafe at Liberton Dams has a full and varied programme of events included in this year’s Fringe programme. Continue reading “Fringe events at the Yes Cafe Edinburgh South”
Our Kirkliston meeting on 2 Aug 2016 was livestreamed using Facebook Live Video so that people at home could watch and we have a full video record of the discussion. The meeting is called to order about 8m48s into this video.
Video running order
0:00:00 Video starts in advance of meeting
0:08:48 Meeting called to order, introduction
0:12:43 Ivan McKee speaks
0:37:23 Ivan McKee Q&A
1:20:29 Other business with Bob Glen
1:26:10 Tony Sutton on strategy
1:46:55 Tony Sutton Q&A
Our August 2016 meeting will take place in the Newliston Arms, 78 Main St, KIRKLISTON, EH29 9AB at 7.30pm on Tue 2 Aug 2016.
- Ivan McKee MSP: The economics of an independent Scotland
- Tony Sutton: Draft Vision, Aims, Objectives for our Strategy Development Team
Please RSVP on the Facebook event page.
Yes Edinburgh West meeting minutes
Clermiston Inn, 7.30pm Mon 27 June 2016
- Ian Grant opened the meeting by welcoming everybody, noting that it was scheduled within 3 days of a Brexit vote, to discuss the implications for Scotland, the Yes movement and particularly our own group.
- Gerry Mulvenna posted a video Livestream broadcast for the benefit of people who couldn’t make the meeting. Apologies about the level of background noise – we’ll meet in the function room next time!
- There were 43 attendees. Email addresses given will be added to the mailing list unless anyone objects.
Clermiston Inn, 7.30pm Mon 13 June 2016
- Ian Grant opened the meeting by welcoming everybody, and in particular Yes Inch and Yes Pentlands.
- There were 27 attendees
- Apologies: Morag Orr, Barry Haniford, Pauline Ward, Peter Lynch, Tony Sutton, Mary Knox
- The minutes of 18 January were proposed by Derek Mullin and seconded by Anne Donohue. As agreed, a bank account has been opened, and the Constitution and minutes posted on the website.
With clips from the December 2015 conference in Largs and an interview with Jason Baird, the latest video from the National Yes registry sets out their vision for achieving a working network of grassroots YES groups by 18 September 2016.
We, the undersigned, collectively urge all other likeminded groups and individuals with a belief in the need for a powerful non-party political grass-root voice in the campaigning direction and timing of Scotland’s next strides toward full Independence, to join us in creating this collectively owned, self-organised re-formation and continuation of Yes’s urgent grass-root driven demand for a return to full Scottish Independence.
All Yes Edinburgh West activists are invited to attend a meeting on Monday 13 June 2016 at 7.30pm in the Clermiston Inn. The meeting will cover progress at a local level since our formalising meeting in January 2016 and developments on the national level, particularly with the National Yes Registry. Decisions will be made on what activity and campaigning we should focus on. Our shipment of Wee Black Books will be available.
- Mintues from the last meeting
- National Yes Registry developments
- Progress at the local level
- Social media presences for the group
- Future activities and campaigns
- Any other business