The big Grassroots Conversation Yes Edinburgh & Lothians (videos of keynote speeches, songs from the Indy Choir and Q&A sessions). Hosted by Yes Edinburgh & Lothians. 29/09/19
Michelle Thomson – Keynote Speech
Keith Brown – Keynote Speech
Q&A 1: should international observers be present at the count at the next independence referendum to offer legitimacy to the outcome?
Q&A 2: Should we expect an updated version of the White Paper?
Q&A 3: How can political parties support the grassroots movement?
Q&A 4: Scotland’s currency and austerity
Q&A 5: Climate change, Yes platform and taking the fight back
I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free – Indy Choir
Freedom Come All Ye – Indy Choir
Yes Edinburgh West’s next meeting is on Tuesday 1 October at 7.30pm
Marsha Scott from Women for Independence will talk on “How to win support from women for Scottish independence”, and answer your questions. All welcome! In the function room of the Clermiston Inn, EH4 7EG.
Effective Campaigning…to achieve independence happening on Sat 21st Sep 9:30am in DunfermlineA participative event open toall independence supporters (new and experienced) to help them become more effective activists.Includes Keynote speakers and smaller breakout workshops on a wide range of issues where you can learn and practise skills to help you have better conversations to move people to supporting independence. With Hardeep Singh Kohli, Kirstein Rummery, Craig Dalzell, Cailyn McMahon, Maggie Chapman,Tim Rideout and many others.The ticket cost includes tea & coffee and lunch (including a vegetarian option).During ticket purchase, each attendee will choose 2 breakout workshops to attend (see below). We will try to arrange additional experts/facilitators to cover all requests, however we also ask you to select two back-up workshops in case some are very over-subscribed.Dunfermline High School is fully accessible. There is plenty of parking. It is a 15 minute walk from Dunfermline Town train station and 20 minute walk from Dunfermline Bus Station. Registration begins at 09:30 for a 10:00 start.Keynote speakers
- Hardeep Singh Kohli – Big enough, rich enough, smart enough
- Kirstein Rummery – A vision for a new Scotland
- Craig Dalzell – How to set up an independent country
- Cailyn McMahon – Our time is now: independence, climate change and the next generation
- Reframing: why facts don’t convince (and what we can do about it) – morning only
- Reframing in practice: open to attendees of morning Reframing session only
- Using team debate to develop skills in listening/understanding other viewpoints
- Pensions: learning and then practising in your own words
- A Scottish currency: how to get there including simulation game
- How do we get the women on board?: listening, learning and practising in your own words
- We are all Jock Tamson’s Bairns (immigration/integration): learning and then practising in your own words
- Environment/Climate collapse: learning and then practising in your own words
- Citizen’s Assemblies and what they offer: learning and then practising in your own words
- Independence, the facts: Q&A to increase your knowledge on key issues
- Key economic challenges: learning and then practising in your own words
- Ambitious ideas for Scotland: learning and then practising in your own words
- Community mapping: key methods and how to apply to your locality
- Using Culture to change minds: learning and creating ideas for your locality
- How to get people to become active in local groups – sharing ideas
- Engaging non-voters, improving democracy – sharing ideas